Idabel Lake is a stunning setting year round and caters to all types of vacation makers. It’s the perfect place to gear up and get active, utilising the walking and cycling trails, boating, fishing or even snowmobiling. If it’s tranquility and quiet time you’re looking for, Idabel Lake is a great spot to switch off and wind down.
The community of Idabel Lake counts just 57 permanent residents and Idabel Lake Resort is a small, family oriented resort with 8 suites and 8 cottages. The resort has plenty of amenities to keep groups and kids entertained year round!
- A games room in the resort lodge which has a pool table, table tennis, foosball and table hockey, as well as a large TV with DVD and VCR player, videos, board games, books and an electric fireplace.
- Playground with cubby house.
- Volleyball and badminton court, as well as soccer and volleyballs for loan.
- Log swing.
- Firepit with firewood and seating.
- Small sandy beach in front of the lodge with a newly installed 60 foot floating dock.
- Complimentary row boats, canoes and life jackets so you can take the family or friends fishing or exploring the 2 mile long lake.
- Electric motors are available for a daily hire fee.
- Private road for kids to ride scooters and bikes.
- Best of all, the kids will be entertained all day playing on the Jolly Roger Pirate Ship! The wooden ship is attached to the end of the dock and to the beach by a long rope, allowing them to pull themselves out to “sea” and back to shore for hours on end.
The lake is great for swimming and stocked with Brook Trout so you can drop a line in and catch dinner if you’re lucky! Try your hand at ice fishing in the colder months when the lake freezes over. Snowmobiling is popular in winter with kilometres of trails and forest service roads to explore. Enthusiasts can also check out nearby Graystokes Park, which has the largest groomed system of snowmobile trails in BC.
If you’re planning on driving up to Big White Ski Resort to do some skiing or snowboarding during your stay at Idabel Lake, RentChalets can arrange discounted Lift Passes ready for your arrival or to pick up from the RentChalets office in Big White Village. Call to talk to our friendly team at least 7 days prior to your arrival.
In summer there’s lots of hiking to be done on the trails between Idabel and McCullogh Lakes, as well as up to Little White Mountain. Once covered in snow, these same trails make perfect terrain for cross country skiing and are suited to all experience levels. Idabel Lake is also located close to the Kettle Valley Steam Railway, Thunder Mountain Raceway which hosts regular drag racing meets, as well as Myra Canyon Adventure Park.
There are no shops in Idabel Lake so we strongly encourage guests to buy groceries in nearby Kelowna before they come. Vacation Food Service does offer a year-round Grocery and Delivery service that takes the chore of grocery shopping out of your vacation time. Simply order all of your grocery and beverage needs ahead of time and have them unpacked and waiting upon your arrival. Email email@example.com or call Vacation Foods on 778 363 1870 or toll free on 1 866 845 8014.
The resort has no cell service, but a landline for local calls is available in the games room. There is a satellite Internet connection which enables limited WiFi ($5/day/device).
RentChalets currently manages 4 suites and 5 cottages within Idabel Lake Resort. For more information about Idabel Lake, visit idabellakeresort.com or call RentChalets to speak to one of our friendly staff.